Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Go Bang Revisited




Here is are some re-edited takes put together over some proto house beats.  All the versions of Go Bang are one of my most fabulously weird dance song ever. There is so much texture and beautiful layers just like the art work here. Conceived by Arthur Russell under the Dinosaur L alias Go Bang  became  a Loft classic. The story goes that when Russell went up to Mancuso to play it. At first it cleared the dance floor.  He then proceeded to play it again an hour later and every hour and by midnight the whole dance floor went nuts specially during the Lola Blank's part ....Bang go-bang-bang go-bang-go, Go bang bang bang go-bang it back” So here is my homage to it. Totally broken down taking only the  Julius Eastman section with Lola Blanks. I'm pretty happy with it specially it's rawness and I mean it in a good way. I also remixed Francois K epic treatment with ok results. Enjoy!



No comments:

Post a Comment